Tuesday, June 26, 2007

As an admitted attorney myself, color me deeply unimpressed.

Paleocon here...member of multiple bar associations from the ABA on the national level to my local county bar association, where I serve on the courthouse committee

As an admitted attorney myself, color me deeply unimpressed. Harriet Miers tried to spin the same sow's ear into a judicial silk purse, but while some non-lawyers may believe that bar association schmoozing (in between hustling for speeding ticket cases and getting the monthly cut from the mortgage broker who shares your office building) makes one a real man of the polis, there are others who know better.

Coached kindergarten YMCA flag football team to unbeaten 13-0 season.

Congratulations, seriously. Plus you put yourself in a position where there were plenty of potential clients if one of the little tykes got hurt.

20 years as a Republican volunteer to various local, state and national campaigns. Volunteering, contributing, active Republican (til George W. Bush, that is.) Precinct captain, delegate to state Republican convention.

Twenty years of activism and you finished as precinct captain? With one state convention thrown in as a sop? That's kind of sad, actually. I can understand your disillusionment with the GOP. You'll be happier in your state Reform Party organization.

pure unadulterated bullsh*t

I guess the asterix is what paleos mean by "striving for a culture of virtue."

Context.